Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fourth of July Celebration

So the blog thing works sometimes, and other times just doesn't work at all. Just about everyday I check my brother's blog. I am excited when he posts because I don't get to see him or his family very much. He has some of the cutest kids (next to mine of course). We have had a busy summer. This park that we are at was at the start of our summer. We went for the Fourth of July celebration. Every year a church in our city puts on this celebration for the city. They bring in a ton of vendors, playground equipment, games, rides, and one of the biggest firework shows in the state. The best part of it, is that it is all free. Unfortunately, towards the end of the night it started to rain. I kind of felt like Noah and the Ark because it was coming down like cats and dogs. The worst of it was that it was starting to lightning. BIG OPEN FIELD + LIGHTNING = DISASTER. We ducked underneath this pavillion with no walls, got down under a picnic table, and covered up with a blanket. We were still getting drenched. We could see the lightning stiking all around us. It was very scary.I think by far, Owen can making the quirkiest faces. He is always coming up with a new one. I caught this face just as a lightning strike hit. What a goof ball!!!

Wait a second, Isabelle just might have him beat with this face.
After the storm, everyone came out of hiding and show went on. I think the kids rode this slide 15 times. Up and down, laughing and giggling. One of my most favorite sounds in the world is hearing my kids laugh.
If you can't tell by now, I am a pretty proud daddy. I think I have some of the cutest kids ever. They are my world. I love being their dad.
Eli had a blast on the climbing wall. He was so excited to climb up hit. Luckily, he had his "climbing" shoes on. He made it about 3/4 of the way up. He loves to do these kinds of things.

1 comment:

The Wynia Family said...

I love it when you post, and I think that your kids are pretty cute too!